Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

App Review: Gaming+Linux

   Gaming (I'll just call it "Gaming") is a large collection of flash games. The app prides itself on its offline use, but does its large library stack up?


   When you start the app, you're greeted by probably 50+ games on a page. The fact that these were online suprised me at first. Also, I will admit that seeing Bowman 2 as a game did make me smile. However, after like 3 games, this large library turns into a lot of crap. A LOT OF CRAP. Now, don't get me wrong. Having all these games for offline use is nice for people with notebooks and Chrome OS notebooks, but the quality of most of these games suck.
   To give you an example, one of the games I chose was "Scissors Paper Stone", where I chose either one and played RPS against the game and won or lost. Now, this kept my attention for 10 seconds before switching. Another one was "America's Army", based on the hit video game. All the flash game was was a sprite of a gun shooting people. Click to shoot. That's it. Now I wouldn't mind about this if all but a couple games weren't like this.
   I'd recommend the app to someone who just wants to burn time, but these games can't even hold my attention span that long. I've seen ad banner games better than these! Frankly, don't get this app unless you are willing to plow through all the bad games to find the good ones.

Download Gaming+Linux here.

1 comment:

  1. I am the fixer and publisher of Gaming+Linux. I call myself that because I only fixed some capitalization quirks in Kristian Munix's app and republished it. Now the original is gone from the App Store. I do not claim the quality or work of the App or the games to be my own. I would encourage you to check out the other apps that I made.

    ReplyDelete